Sunday 28 February 2016

Response 1 Week #7

In response to: https://swerdfegereduc5101g.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/week-7-hack-the-planet/

Hey Dave,

Thanks for bringing up such an important topic. I am currently teaching online safety in my Grade 6/7 class and found your post very relevant! My students love to spend most of their time online and unfortunately very few of them even know how to create a safe password.

Last week one of my students asked "Why is it important to create a safe password anyways if I don't have anything of value stored online?" We dove into a big discussion about hackers' intentions and about how this may change as they get older and someone already has their personal info.

The video you posted was terrifying and very real. It made me question my own online safety and whether I do need to get a Mac antivirus software!

Thanks for bringing this very important issue to light.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment